‘Growing, loving and learning in the arms of Mary.’
‘We do this by providing, a warm and secure environment where the values, beliefs, practice and knowledge of the Roman Catholic faith are fostered and nurtured.’
Here are some the projects that we are involved with through fundraising and education:
- St Cuthbert’s Care
- Little Sisters of the Poor
- Harvest festival food collection
- Children in need
- Fundraising for a variety of charities
‘Pupils’ behaviour is outstanding. In lessons pupils are fully involved and want to learn. They are very polite and well-mannered. Their caring nature towards their friends and to others is very evident as they work and play together.
Spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is outstanding. Pupils are strongly encouraged to become active and reflective members of society through a range of activities and responsibilities.’
(OFSTED, September 2013)
Links with Parish
- Sacramental preparation – Parishioners from St Mary’s and St Cecilia’s perform the role of Catechists to support our year 3 children in their faith journey.
- Deanery cluster – St Mary’s School works with St Bede’s deanery. Working collectively, we are able to work towards common goals.
- Choir performances – Children perform at Parish Masses, in particular during Sacramental preparation and Youth Masses.
- Year 6 link masses – Children in Year 6 are able to attend Masses with children from St Bede’s Deanery, for example to celebrate The Year of Faith.
- Masses at Oak Lea Convent – Year group Masses are held once a term at the convent. Children enjoy their links with the Sisters of Mercy.